The Working Holiday Visa (WHV)
The Working Holiday Visa allows you to :
- Work and travel for a period of 12 months
- Gain international work experience through casual jobs
- Finance your travels through the year
- Carry out jobs, internships or studies abroad
General conditions to apply
- You must be aged between 18 and 30
- You must have no dependent children
- Valid Passport (for at least 3 months after the return date)
- Sufficient resources to cover your expenses during the first 3 months
Where do I apply for a Working Holiday Visa?
Please note that any request for a Working Holiday Visa should be made before you start travelling. It is strongly recommended that you do not plan the rest of your trip until you have received confirmation of your Working Holiday Visa. The easiest and quickest way to apply for a Working Holiday Visa is online at the relevant country’s immigration site.However it is also possible to make a paper application at each country’s Visa Service. For more information, please refer to our WHV pages relating to Australia , New Zealand , Canada and Argentina
Programs that do NOT require a Working Holiday Visa
A tourist visa is valid for a more limited time (usually 3 months) but may be extended depending on which country you decide to work in, generally at a cost. Unlike the WHV, the tourist / visitor visa does not permityou to have a paid job, however volunteering, unpaid internships and placementsare acceptable.
The easiest and fastest way of applying is online, at each government’s immigration website.
PLEASE NOTE: A confirmation of funds available may be requested as well as your return ticket.
Last update: 28 Apr 2015 14:55