FREEPACKERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS DURING COVID-19
- Freepackers informs and helps with registration process for departures from July 2020 onwards.
- Registrations are provisional until the end of April 2020 and in order not avoid admin fees, no payment will be requested until we have full visibility of the travel conditions at the chosen destination.
- From May 2020, full payments will be requested exceptionally 6 weeks before departure (instead of 12 weeks).
- Departure dates can be changed free of charge up to 24 months depending on the host organization.
- Cancellations can be made up to 30 days before departure, only the registration fee of 300 euros will be retained.
Requests for postponement or cancellation of reserved projects
More than 30 days before departure:
Host organizations allow travel to be postponed free of charge between 15 and 24 months depending on the choosen project. This option is encouraged in order to support projects in serious financial difficulty.
For those who do not wish to postpone their trip, a voucher / credit note will be issued so that you can reschedule another trip or obtain your refund within 18 months. In case of refund, a registration fee of 300 euros per person and per programme will be retained.
Less than 30 days before departure / project started:
Requests will be studied on a case-by-case basis, Freepackers will apply the exceptional conditions of each host organization during the crisis and until further notice.
A "member" is any person who signs up to be a member of the Site. Members of the Site may set up a member profile and use the Site to place orders and leave comments on the site pages.
Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use this Site or its services. By using this Site (including by signing up to be a Member), you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and by any other terms, policies and rules incorporated by reference in these Terms.
This Site displays information about travel locations, travelling options and other travel related issues. Much of this information is supplied to us by third party providers such as airlines, hotels and transportation suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information where it is supplied by third parties. In particular, we accept no responsibility for content provided by users of the Site (including members).
If you rely on information contained on this Site, you do so at your own risk. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from the Site with the relevant third party provider or by undertaking your own further enquiries.
The comments left by the members of the Site are not necessarily shared by Freepackers.
- You must only use this Site for lawful purposes and in a responsible and co-operative manner. Any breach of these Terms by you may result in legal action being taken by us against you. You must not:
- Use another's personal information, including name, login details or password without permission;
- Use the Site while impersonating another person;
- Post or transmit to or via the Site any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- Make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using the Site;
- Use the Site to engage in unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitation;
- Knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Site;
- Breach any third party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in any jurisdiction in using this Site;
- Frame this Site as part of another site or cache this Site for commercial benefit;
- Commit any act that may amount to a criminal offence or civil breach of any jurisdiction;
- Attempt to do any of the above acts; or Knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
The Services provided on the Site may include interactive communication facilities such as the comments boxes where members may post reviews of travel experiences, travel plans, comments and other information. You are solely responsible for your use of any such facilities and agree that you use them at your risk. You agree that, by posting or otherwise providing any message, data, information, text, etc on the Site, you:
- Grant to us and our affiliates (including, without limitation, our related entities) a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, broadcast, communicate, create derivative works from, publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media ("Licence");
- Expressly acknowledge that we may sub-license our rights under the Licence to third parties who may make use of the Content consistent with the Licence including, by way of example, in a written publication, compilation of works, training materials, film, television program, script or screenplay;
- Grant us and our affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use your member name or any other name that you submit in connection with such Content, at our discretion;
- Waive any entitlement to any moral rights you may have as an author of the Content; and
- Agree that we are under no obligation to treat the Content as confidential information.
We reserve the right to, at our absolute and unfettered discretion, remove, screen or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason. We accept no responsibility or liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage to any such Content. We accept no responsibility for statements, representations or other Content provided by you or other users of the Site. For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms do not restrict your rights to re-use Content you have posted or otherwise provided to or through the Site.
Prices, Travel Restrictions and Conditions
Restrictions and conditions apply to all of the travel products and services offered on the Site and such restrictions and conditions may affect any prices set out on the Site. To determine the applicable restrictions and conditions, you must contact us or the relevant third party provider.
The airlines and other third party providers of any travel and travel related products and services offered on the Site may change their prices, details of their packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the Site at any time. For this reason, all prices displayed on the Site are subject to change without notice. All travel products and services described on the Site are subject to availability.
You are responsible for obtaining all passport, visa and health information that you may require. We may assist you to obtain such information, however the final responsibility for obtaining the necessary information and complying with any passport, visa and health requirement remains with you.
You warrant that: You are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of the Site by you and those using the Site using your login details, including your password; The information you supply via the Site (including any Content) will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive; You own, or otherwise have the legal right to post, communicate and distribute, any Content you provide to or through the Site and posting, communicating, distributing or otherwise using such Content in accordance with the Licence will not violate any rights (including intellectual property rights) of, or otherwise harm or cause injury to, any person or entity.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from: Any breach of these Terms by you; Any negligent, unlawful, fraudulent or otherwise wrongful act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you; or Any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our officers, employees or agents or a related entity of ours caused or contributed to by you or an officer, employee or agent of you.
The material contained on this Site, including (without limitation) the software, design, source code, text, images and graphics (including trademarks) comprised in this Site and the selection and layout of this Site, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by intellectual property laws, including copyright. You may use the Site only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish, communicate or distribute the material on the Site, or create any other material using material on the Site, without obtaining our prior written consent. Trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos on the Site must not be used or modified in any way by you without obtaining our prior written consent. The Site, including trademarks, service-marks, business names, company names, logos, trade-names, get-up (trade dress), products, technology and processes contained in this Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by us or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of this Site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction. No part of this Site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without obtaining our prior written consent.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
You use the Site at your own risk. The Site is provided by us on an "as is" basis. We do not warrant or represent that the content of the Site is accurate, up-to-date or complete, or that it does not infringe the rights of any third parties. We make no representations or warranties of any kind and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, disclaim all implied representations and warranties, with respect to the Site, its contents or any of the products or services supplied through the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives) are not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with your use of, or access to, (or inability to use or access) the Site or the purchase and use of any products or services supplied via the Site. This limitation of liability (whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) applies to all damages of any kind including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. In the event that the Site fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund of any money that you paid to us to use the Site. Your access to and use of the Site is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, the server that makes it available or any of the products or services supplied through the Site will be free of errors, viruses or defects or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. Because of the nature of the Internet, we do not warrant that the Site will be secure and we will not be liable for any disruptions to the Site. We do not represent that any of the travel products and services set out on the Site will be suitable for you. Any travel products and services offered and promoted via the Site are products and services of third parties. Your legal relationship in respect of the third party products and services is with the relevant third party provider.
Linking We may link our Site to other sites. We are not required to maintain or update these links. These links are provided for your convenience only. It does not mean that we have reviewed these sites or that we endorse them. We are not responsible for the content of other sites, even if we link to them, and we are not recommending these sites or their products or services to you. We make no warranties and accept no liability if you suffer any loss or damage in relation to material contained on external sites or using another's product or services.
Security SSL encryption is automatically enabled whenever the user submits confidential information to us via the Internet.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting amended Terms on the Site. The amended Terms will take effect immediately when they are posted on the Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of such amendments. If you do not agree to any amendments to the Terms, you must stop using the Site.
We may terminate this agreement, your registration, membership or ability to access the Site and / or any other service provided to you by us and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Terms.
If any dispute arises about these Terms or how these Terms apply or arises out of your use of this Site, the laws of England will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about these Terms or your use of the Site, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org By using the Site, you acknowledge you are 18 years of age or older (or, where you are younger, you agree that you are using the Site with the consent, and under the supervision, of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult) and that you understand and agree with the above Terms.