Au Pair in New Zealand on a Tourist Visa
The Demi-Pair Program is designed for students aged between 18 and 30 years, wanting to study English, gain work experience in child care and travel around New Zealand. Students will live in a "Kiwi" familyand support the family in terms of light housework, childcare etc. In return they will get free board (full accommodation, 3 meals a day) and some pocket money.
Students study a total 30 Hours per week: English course in the morning from 9 am to 12 noon (15 hours a week) followed by applied English with their host family in the afternoon, evening or weekend (15 hours a week).
They get ETC credits for each completed assignment : vocabulary, reading, writing, health and safety, listening and speaking, childcare and cultural differences. The Training Scheme include an English language certificate + First aid course certificate + optional IELTS exam
- cost for 12 weeks 3,620 NZ$ (2,400 euro) incl food and housing
- cost for 26 weeks 7,260 NZ$ (4,750 euro) incl food and housing
- See our paid Au Pair placement if you are eligible for a working holiday visa
Conditions to apply
- Age 18 - 30 years with English level: IELTS 5, Intermediate, B1 (minimum);
- Study Visa (minimum 26 weeks), or Tourist Visa (maximum 12 weeks)
- Health certificate approving physical and mental health of the candidate
Campuses in New Zealand
The School Campus in Wellington is located directly in the heart of New Zealand's capital. You can find the school on Willis Street, within walking distance of Courtenay Place, Cuba Street and Manners Mall. The new campus is in a modern building, catering for 70 students in 6 fully equipped classrooms.
The Palmerston North campus is in the centre of the city, near the Public Library, and the City Square which is a garden park. Shops, cafes, and restaurants from different cultures, as well as the world's popular fast food outlets surround the city centre.