Flights to Australia
Of all of the good Australia travel advice that we can give you, you should remember that as it is an island, you are not permitted to bring in fresh products from flights to Australia, such as fruit or dairy or anything that is not vacuum-packed. Customs officers are very particular and search everything- you must declare everything and it is far safer to declare too much than too little. Should you forget to declare something, the fine could be as much as $200 AUD. It is requested that any food or drink that was distributed on board the plane be left there, even if it was not consumed.
Australian Airports & Airlines
You should be aware of the country's major airports and airlines if you are on the lookout for Australia cheap flights. The international airports are Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin. Most Australian cities have two airports: an international and a domestic for internal flights. They are generally situated next to one another, and whilst there are shuttles available that link the two, they are only free if your connection is with certain airlines.
Airlines that offer flights to Australia, as well as from it, include Emirates, Qantas / British Airways, China Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and Qatay Pacific. There are also more and more low cost carriersavailable, and these can reduce the cost of the global fare considerably:
- Air Asia Xflies into the Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth from Kuala Lumpur.
- Air Asia Indonesiaflies into Darwin and Perth from Denpasar, Indonesia
- Tiger Airwaysflies from Singapore to Perth.
- Jetstar Airwaysflies to Hawaii and several Asian destinations, including Denpasar, Osaka, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh and Singapore.
- Strategic Airlinesoperate from Brisbane, Perth, Port Hedland and Townsville to Denpasar in Indonesia.
- V Australiaflies between Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Los Angeles, competes with Qantas on these routes.
Flight duration to Sydney
- 3 hour flight from New Zealand
- 7-11 hour flight from countries in Asia
- 14 hour flight from the west of the United States of America and Canada
- 14 hour flight from Johannesburg, South Africa
- 13-16 hour flight from South America
- 24+ hour flight from western Europe Stopovers in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur.
How much is a flight to Australia
Those interested in the most prudent Australia travel advice should know that prices vary considerably, so it pays to shop around for a flight. Consider the length of the flight and any mandatory stopovers as well as tax on top of any price you find. Flights to Australia can easily double during high season (October to March) and with last minute bookings.
Some airlines regularly launch youth rates (under 26) or Working Holiday Visa rates. Why not consider Round the World tickets ? After all, they are often better value for money than just a return flight. Working Holiday Visa destinations are served by the airline consortium Oneworld , which is made up of such airlines as British Airways, Quantas Airlines and Cathay Pacific.
There is no need to change your desired destination country if you find that flights to Australia are too pricey, as you can plan your customised round-the-world trip on the Oneworld website and book your ticket online. The site provides a flight planner, which will calculate the cost of your round the world ticket depending on your chosen destinations- a quick and easy method if you are looking for Australia cheap flights!