Travelling round Canada
To see the whole of Canada in one trip would be ambitious: it is the largest country in the world after Russia! When we talk about places to visit in Canada, it is better to consider each of the provinces separately. To see all of the places and to do all of the activities below, it will take at least one month and several internal flights. If you intend to travel everywhere by bus, train or car, then you will need between 2 and 3 months.
Canada is host to the largest number of national parks in the world hosting sports and outdoor activities like hiking and wildlife watching... these parks are an unmissable experience on visiting Canada.
Must see - Ontario
Toronto/Ottawa/Kingston-museums, shopping, markets...
- Niagara Falls- Visit the National Park
- Pinery and Algonquin National Parks- Host to sporting activities such as Kayaking and hiking
- Midland’s 30 000 Islands- Boat trips
- Wasaga Beach- The largest freshwater beach in the world is definitely one of the best places to visit in Canada.
Must see - Quebec
Main cities - Montreal, Quebec City, Charlevoix
Saguenay / Lac Saint-Jean- kayak rides and hiking trails
Tadoussac- Whale watching by boat
Gaspésie- Walks on the south shore of St Lawrence and visit Green Island and Kamouraska
The Rockies from Calgary to Jasper
Activities in the Banff region
- Winter sports – skiing, snowboarding, climbing, etc
- Bathing in hot springs
- Hiking and rafting in the national parks
Activities in the Jasper region
- Mountain sports: kayaking, rafting, mountain biking
- Hiking in the mountains and national parks
Vancouver and the west coast
In the forest
- Capilano Suspension Park
- Sports such as golf, hiking and mountain biking
By the coast
- Surfing on the Vancouver beaches
- Sea cruises to observe whales and orcas
- Diving off the coast of Vancouver Island
- Sailing and kayaking on the Pacific coast
- Salmon fishing along the Skeena River
- Hiking along the coast