Work and Travel in Canada
Make your dream of travelling and working in Canada a reality, simply by applying for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa. Whether you want to find a job at a ski resort in Banff, gain valuable experience in the financial district in downtown Toronto or do an internship in Vancouver, the WHV is valid for 12 months and will enable you to finance your trip.
Benefits of the Working Holiday Visa for Canada:
- Travel in and out of Canada as many times as you wish!
- Study for a maximum of 4 months, with the possibility of extending your stay with a Student Visa
- Work for the same employer for up to 6 months, in a full time or part time position
- Extend your WHV if you have spent 3 months in a rural area job
Conditions to apply:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 (note that some countries have an age limit of 35)
- Hold a valid passport
- Possess sufficient funds to cover expenses for the first 3 months (CAD $3,000 )
- Have comprehensive insurance coverage (health care, hospitalization, repatriation) valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Proof of this insurance coverage must be presented to Immigration officials upon arrival.
- Cost of the Visa : CAD 220
COUNTRIES THAT HAVE SIGNED TO A WHV AGREEMENT WITH CANADA
Australia, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Republic of Korea, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Apply for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa
To apply, visit the website of International Experience Canada (IEC), where you can read about Canada’s youth mobility arrangements, Working Holiday Visa and work permits . For specific application details or for information on other work permit options, visit the Embassy of Canada website .
IMPORTANT: Be quick - Canada only grants a limited number of WHV a year and they are extremely popular! Try to apply at least 6 months in advance.