Travel and work in New Zealand
In order to find a job in New Zealand, you need a Working Holiday Visa valid for 12 months. This visawill allow you to leave and return to the country multiple times, for up to 12 months from your first date of arrival. Other benefits :
- Find a job for a maximum of 6 consecutive months- either full or part time ( paid jobs )
- Extend your Working Holidays in New Zealand by 12 months if you have spent 3 months working in rural areas.
- Study for a limited time (3 months), with the possibility existing to extend this period with a Student Visa.
Conditions to apply
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 with no dependent children
- You must be in possession of a passport that is valid for at least 3 months after your return date
- You should have $4,000 NZD to cover your expenses for the initial period of your stay in New Zealand
- You should have insurance covering travel/medical/repatriation costs.
- Cost of the WHV New Zealand : $165 NZD
COUNTRIES THAT HAVE SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH NEW ZEALAND
Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Norway, the Netherlands, Peru, Taiwan, Uruguay, Poland, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
To apply online, please visit Immigration New Zealand
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive a response in a matter of days. A decision may have been made, or you may be asked to provide further information. If approved, you will receive your WHV electronically, in the form of a single sheet for you to print out and present at the border.
The Working Holiday Visa can only be obtained outside New Zealand. If you are already in New Zealand on a Tourist Visa, you will need to leave the country and await authorisation before returning.
The visitor visa is used for short visits, volunteer positionsand unpaid internships for up to 3 months. If you are visiting for three months or less and are from a Visa-waiver country , you will not need a visitor visa. For all other countries, please refer to the Visitor Visa pages of the New Zealand Immigration services website .