3 month surf instructor course focuses on building your experience and knowledge of surfing, the ocean, and instruction. Over the 3 months you will develop the necessary skills required to pass all qualifications needed to become a licensed surf instructor. Besides the qualifications we’ll also focus on your teaching techniques and surfing abilities to make you a well rounded and employable instructor.
The first two months of the course will focus on improving your technical skills, ocean experience, ocean awareness, and fitness. You’ll be exposed to varying and challenging conditions and learn how to deal with them.
During the course we will prepare you to pass all qualifications including advanced resuscitation, open water rescue, advanced first aid, and your run swim run requirements. Besides the qualifications we’ll also show you how to be an effective attentive instructor, by providing up to 40 hours of practical experience.
There are two campsites. The first one in Byron Bay and the second one in Coffs Harbour (200 kilometers from Byron Bay). Training can take place in both surf centers.
Qualifications obtained (at an additional cost of 1000$AUD)
- Internationally recognized Level 1 Surf Instructor Qualification (ASI)
- Senior First Aid
- Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award APOLA
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Work with Children Check
Our surf school are members of the International Surfing association (ISA) making the courses internationally recognised and accepted.
- 1 month surf development course
- 2 months surf development course
- 10 days GO PRO
2 Days Surf & Stay
- Byron Bay & Spot X
- 2 nights dorm or camp accom, 2 surf lessons, Food, Equipment
- from Sydney to Byron Bay through Sydney - Spot X - Byron Bay
- 5 days Sydney > Byron Bay : 7 lessons, 4 nights, equipment, meals, transport
- 7 days Sydney > Byron Bay : 9 lessons, 6 nights, equipment, meals, transport